Re-View’s window restoration proposal was a third of the cost to replace the units that the County considered for this historic courthouse. The steel windows on this National Landmark building are a significant detail of the Neo-classical facade and include a combination of casement, copper, and fixed window types.
Re-View removed a total of 1,072 sash from the structure and delivered them to its North Kansas City restoration facility. Each sash was blasted to remove all lead-based paint and corrosion. Our craftsmen made repairs using restoration epoxies and by welding replica components in severely deteriorated areas. The sash were then treated with a rust inhibitive primer and fluoropolymer finish. Re-View replaced the original single pane glass with insulated glass to increase the energy efficiency of the system. This involved installing a new interior glass stop to accommodate the thicker glass. Much of the locking hardware was either damaged or missing. Re-View had custom castings made to match the design and detail of the original hardware since this style is no longer available. All steel sash restoration and installation was performed by our Re-View craftsmen.
History of the Davidson County Courthouse
The Davidson County Courthouse in Nashville, Tennessee was constructed in 1936. It is an eight-story steel frame building sheathed with light beige Indiana limestone and gray-green granite as trim at entrances. This Art Deco limestone structure is known to be the first building with central air conditioning in the city.