Re-View was selected to restore the existing windows at The Old Governor’s Mansion in Milledgeville, GA. The original sash had been removed from the frames during an earlier restoration, but someone had the foresight to save the sash in the attic. Re-View retrieved the original window sash and brought them back to our window restoration plant.
Our craftsmen removed the glazing and were careful to save everything. The glass had to go through an exhaustive cleaning process to remove all of the glazing, paint, and other contaminants. Each sash was meticulously disassembled by removing bamboo pegs that held it together. We used restoration epoxies to make repairs and breathe new life into the windows.
After the glass was glazed using putty, the sash received a factory finish and were delivered back to the site to be installed by our field carpenters.
The Old Governor’s Mansion serves as a prime example of Re-View’s capability to retain the original fabric of a landmark building.
History of The Old Governor’s Mansion
The Old Governor’s Mansion in Milledgeville, Georgia was built in 1839 and serves as a classic example of Greek revival architecture. It served as the Governor’s mansion until 1868 and became the property of the Georgia College & State University in 1889. The building now serves as a museum.